Time is very important ⌚
You can create a Google Shared Drive account (formerly known as Team Drives), which has about 100 TB of pooled cloud storage, and it will be reflected as a folder in Shared Storage of your Google Drive. Unlike files in My Drive, files in shared drives are owned by the team/group rather than an individual, but only you alone will have the access to your files. Shared drives are also supported on mobile devices. The account will last very very long if you do not abuse the shared drive.
How To Get
To view the content, you need to Sign In .
Enter Your Name and Gmail Address, on which you want to create a shared drive. And choose a university/college from the list.
Change the university/college from the list, if it shows an error.
To verify your new storage, go to G-Drive and see it - https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/shared-drives.
I am not affiliated with the website used. I have tried it and worked for me.
Like/reaction would be appreciated. Thank you!
Google Shared Drive Storage Specifications
- You can upload 750 GB of data per day.
- You can upload files up to 5 TB in size.
- If a single file exceeds the 750 GB daily limit, that file will upload. Subsequent files will not upload until the daily upload limit resets the next day.
- Google Shared Drive can contain a maximum of 400,000 files and folders.
- A single shared drive can nest up to 20 subfolders, but it's not recommended to create shared drives with a folder structure that complex.
- This is for Educational Purpose only. The shared drive in edu domains should last very very long, unless the educational institution decides to cancel its Google Workspace for Educations subscription.
- Always create a backup of your data elsewhere (Mandatory).
- Try to keep the drive Private. i.e.: If you don't share your illegal contents in your shared drives publicly, your shared drive will be fine.
- The website is free, but it doesn't mean that you can abuse!
Don't Abuse The Drive
- Do not abuse the system.
- Do not create tens of empty shared drives.
- Do not store Tb of data that you will never use.
- Do not store illegal stuff or po**.
- Do not store private data.
- Do not cry if your data/team drive gets deleted.
What are the Possible Consequences due to ABUSE?
- Google will put restrictions, as they will do on EDU.
- University and organizations can delete all team drives.
- University and organizations will cancel their Google Shared Drive subscription (worst case scenario).
- Abusing this free service will lead to more google restrictions.